Nick was born and raised in Milan, Italy. Since the young age of 14 years old, he moved all over Europe before moving to Australia at age 18. Nick then left Australia to study in Switzerland, where he later graduated at the prestigious Les Roches International School of Hotel Management. Nick has worked all over the world, starting with Malaysia, passing through England and Switzerland, China and finally back to the United States where most recently he held the position of F&B Manager and Wine Director for The National Bar and Dining Rooms by 'Iron Chef' Geoffrey Zakarian in NYC. Certified Sommelier during his tenure in Switzerland he is now studying to become Certified Sake Sommelier. His motto “Everyday is an opportunity to learn something new” accompanies him in every journey!
If you are looking for wine recommendations, Nick is available to chat on our Sommelier Chat Service as well as many other knowledgable sommeliers.
Top 10 Wines on Yahyn for Under $20 :
- Vietti, Moscato d’Asti 2018, Moscato Giallo, Piedmont, Italy
- St. Michael Eppan 2018, Pinot Grigio, Sudtirol, Italy
- Recanati 2016, Chardonnay, Upper Galilee, Israel
- Dr Loosen ‘Dr L' 2019, Riesling, Mosel, Germany
- Babich 2018, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Catena 2017, Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina
- Chateau Cheval Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, St. Emilion, Bordeaux, France
- Noble Vines 2016, Pinot Noir, Monterey, California
- Familia Bastida ‘Cimal’ 2015, Tempraniillo, La Mancha
- E. Guigal 2016, Grenache, Syrah, Cotes du Rhone, Rhone, France